Welcome to Parkour-Vienna

Melde dich jetzt an, um Zugriff auf alle Funktionen zu erhalten. Einmal registriert und angemeldet, kannst du auf dieser Seite Beiträge schreiben und aktiv an der Community teilnehmen. 
Angemeldete Benutzer sehen diese Message nicht.

Auf der Suche nach freien Parkour-Trainings? => Forum-Meeting
Auf der Suche nach regelmäßigen Parkour-Kursen? => Parkour-Austria

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
News-Bot

[TeamADD]"Oh, well, I practise Parkour." - New Article by

rssIcon.gif "Oh, well, I practise Parkour." - New Article by Max

Hi guys!

Had to do this for my uni newspaper thingy, nothing extraordinary really, though in the end I tried writing a bit more that the standard bull you read or see usually.. well, here you go..

"Oh, well, I practise Parkour." By Maxim Jablonski

When we meet new [...]

Author: Maxim

Category: General News

Hi guys!

Had to do this for my uni newspaper thingy, nothing extraordinary really, though in the end I tried writing a bit more that the standard bull you read or see usually.. well, here you go..

"Oh, well, I practise Parkour." By Maxim Jablonski

When we meet new people we usually tend to obey the appropriate social rule, which is to have a small talk conversation. So one question you bet you will get sooner or later is "So.. what do you do besides studying." I then respond..

"Oh, well, I practice Parkour."

And that is when 9/10 people actually having heard something about Parkour go "oh, yes, that roof jumping thing, isn't it?"

Umh no. Really not. Not at all. Or in other words: You completely missed the point.

So, what is Parkour then?

Parkour is a discipline to help you pass obstacles on your way from point A to B. By utilising nothing else than your body you jump, leap and vault wherever you want to go. And roof jumps or landing from great height are actually big no-nos, as for the first you need years of training and the second does incredible long-term damage to your body.

But even subtracting this obvious danger, what most people still say is "Don't you hurt yourself all the time." Well, yes and no. Of course minor scratches and bruises are in-avoidable and actually quite a good hint as to what you need to change. But Parkour is only as dangerous as you make it. Every single person, no matter what physical activity they pursue must know where their limits lie and not overstretch them. And as a matter of fact I have never broken any part of my body in the three years I have practiced this discipline. On the other side though you still need to push yourself and be motivated to reach for your limit. A tricky business.

So one might wonder, why practice this unusual art. Well, at first it gives you an incredible buzz of freedom, when you realize you are able to perform new movements, reach places which previously were far beyond your reach and generally move in new ways. In addition, it hugely increases your self-confidence and trust in passing obstacles in life as well. However, and that's the curious thing, the more you progress, the more you realise you actually know nothing, and only begin to grasp what this thing is about. During these three years of practice I have been to inspiring places, talked to people to have a far greater understanding than myself and really evolved so much, only to realise every single time how incredibly wrong all my assumptions were, how much more there is to understand and how far I still need to go to actually say I am a practitioner of Parkour. And so I follow an unknown path with an unknown destination and as with all things in life, so in Parkour, the one old saying says more than thousand words: "The Journey Is The Reward."

Read more...

Source: Team ADD Berlin