Welcome to Parkour-Vienna

Melde dich jetzt an, um Zugriff auf alle Funktionen zu erhalten. Einmal registriert und angemeldet, kannst du auf dieser Seite Beiträge schreiben und aktiv an der Community teilnehmen. 
Angemeldete Benutzer sehen diese Message nicht.

Auf der Suche nach freien Parkour-Trainings? => Forum-Meeting
Auf der Suche nach regelmäßigen Parkour-Kursen? => Parkour-Austria

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
News-Bot

[PkGenerations] The Debrief: PKGen Questions Martino Chen

130106_MartinoParkour-142.jpg

The Debrief puts questions to people from every aspect of the global parkour community - from lifelong practitioners to newcomers to professional coaches and performers, from every country and from all walks of life. Exclusively at ParkourGenerations.com

Name: Martino Chen

Parkour group/team: LINK Parkour

Parkour Generations: How long have you been a Traceur?

Martino Chen: 6 years

PKG: What movements are you currently working on?

MC: Kong-gainer

PKG: What percentage of your training is conditioning?

MC: 37.5%

PKG: Favourite strength and conditioning exercise?

MC: Squat jumps

PKG: Who or what is your biggest influence?

MC: Australian Parkour Association (Being in Australia for 2 years, learnt a lot with APA)

PKG: What were your reasons for starting training / what are your reasons for training now?

MC: I thought I could do Parkour when I first saw the movie District 13. I started just as a hobby. Now Parkour has changed my life, I live on doing Parkour performances and coaching Parkour as a fitness discipline. I have to keep training myself as I am getting old.

PKG: Current favourite training location and why?

MC: I have trained in so many cities in the world. So far, Melbourne has won the title of the best city for Parkour from me. There're a dozens of good Parkour spots in the city, all walking/jogging distance. Perfect! However, London and Shanghai both have many sick spots to train at.

PKG: Item in your bag you couldn't go training without?

MC: Water bottle

PKG: How do you approach breaking a jump?

MC: Make up a progression in a safe environment and keep doing it until it becomes really natural.

PKG: Where do you see Parkour in 10 years time?

MC: It will change the way PE is taught in schools. Also Parkour gyms should be available in every major cities in the world.

PKG: One piece of advice to those just starting out:

MC: Never ignore strength and conditioning, being strong is your best protection.

Thanks Martino!

View the full article